Provided by WebpageFX
As was stated in several previous articles, we mentioned that 99% of all ghost sightings, photographs, and videos are simple mistaken identity. We are now going to explain exactly what we mean by that, and what can be done to counter this mis-identification.
We here at the DAPRS believe that most alleged ghost sightings can be easily explained through a simple psychological process that all humans share. Matrixing is the word for the brain’s tendancy to see patterns in completely random visual data. In other words, let’s say that you are staring at a dark hallway in an abandoned hospital. You see a “misty” form develop into what looks like a face. You snap a picture or two, and realize that the picture only adds detail to the supposed face. A good paranormal investigator, before wasting precious battery life, would halt before taking the pictures and realize that an old hospital is filled with dust. This dust is kicked up by the sudden activity in the once empty building. The good investigator would see that his brain is simple forming faces out of the random visual stimuli that is the dust cloud.
Matrixing is the arch enemy of serious paranormal research. It’s no wonder that scientific community is so unwilling to consider our theories. Look at the hundreds of so-called paranormal investigators proudly displaying photos on their blogs and case studies that are clearly nothing more than dust, fog, smoke, or bugs. It’s time that investigators begin the process of weeding out every image that is clearly not a ghost. That means NO cloudy mist figures or strange disembodies mist faces. The only things that the scientific community are interested in are full body apparitions and dimensional rifts that aren’t camera straps.
In order to promote serious consideration of paranormal theories, both the general public and researchers in the community must refuse to by into the garbage seen on the influx of paranormal themed reality TV and instead choose to deny ignorance and develop a standard by which to measure evidence gathered during an investigation.
Just remember…99% of all paranormal accounts are mis-identification. That leaves 1% unexplained. It’s this 1% that researchers need to focus on.